FORUMS: list search recent posts

replacing green screen color on FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
replacing green screen color on FCP7?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 8:16:26 pm

Hello,

I have a bunch of shots i filmed with the band in front of a green screen for a music video. However for a few of the shots i am not chroma keying any images behind the band because i prefer the way it looks with just them in front of the green screen.
However i do want to change the color of the green background to say something like white or perhaps even a different color, just so it doesn't look so obvious that they are in front of a green screen.

I imagine this should be really easy to do. But for whatever reason, i just can't figure it out!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: replacing green screen color on FCP7?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 10:28:55 pm

To replace green with any other color you still need to create a key. So chroma key to a white slug or whatever color you want.

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Aug 7, 2017 at 12:39:25 am

hi!

Actually I am trying to AVOID USING CHROMA KEY for this. Reason being is that these particular shots won't chroma key well, so just wondering if there is a way to just select the green background and swap it with a white background for instance without using chroma key. Is that possible?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 7, 2017 at 12:51:07 am

A key is a key.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 7, 2017 at 2:47:39 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 7, 2017 at 2:57:09 am

If you can't get the shot to key properly with the background you first wanted to use, what makes you think it will key any better with a different background? Is it because you believe the keyer can think or make judgement calls or something?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]