FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Dunford
strange behaviour
on Aug 1, 2017 at 5:14:57 pm

I don't use FCP7 that much, but I was asked to sync up some dual sound files with the video. The crew had done a clapper at the front and end of the ten minute clips. The audio was recorded on an SD552, the video on a new GH5.
Over ten minutes the audio had slipped by 9 frames. I've done this in the past and never had as much slippage as 9 frames.
The other very odd behaviour was when I put markers on the audio file for the clappers, then dropped the file into the timeline, the marker and the waveform 'clap' were misaligned by 6 frames.
Can someone explain what's going on? I accept there maybe some slippage over very long durations, but 9 frames over ten minutes seems like a lot.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: strange behaviour
on Aug 2, 2017 at 5:32:32 am

Please search this forum for sync drift. Common problem caused by a 'feature' in FCP7

Return to posts index

Rob Dunford
on Aug 2, 2017 at 10:11:51 am

As they say.... "commonsense is uncommon"
Following your advice I discovered the reason and now I feel quite a bit smaller ;-)

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Aug 2, 2017 at 6:26:26 pm

What was the reason? Share your experience, please.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Rob Dunford
on Aug 2, 2017 at 7:36:40 pm

Although I was using the correct sequence for the video, 25fps.
In simple user setup, it was set to 30fps. So this altered the audio file I imported.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 3, 2017 at 12:18:53 am

Pardon my brusque response Rob & Robert but this was such a common issue that I must have answered this thousands of times on this forum. There used to be an FAQ with many common questions answered. With Legacy software like FCP7, it always pays to do a forum search as most questions may have been answered. Also some of us old regulars are infrequent in looking in to this forum so for the sake of getting quick answers I recommend searching first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]