FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg Streamclip to Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Kohler
Mpeg Streamclip to Final Cut Pro
on Jul 26, 2017 at 3:29:52 pm

Hello everyone

I have a question I have filmed GoPro Hero 3 1920 x 1080p footage and iPhone 7 4k footage of my holiday in Thailand. I ran a batch list on Mpeg Streamclip of my footage to change the codec from H264 to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ so I could edit the clips on Final Cut Pro 7. I deselected the interlaced options because the footage is progressive from both cameras, however when the batch completed I loaded the clips into FCP 7, checked the item properties and the clip's field dominance was upper odd meaning it is interlaced. I noticed the clips were jittering slightly especially with shots in which was running with the camera. I tried it again by selecting 'deinterlace footage' and FCP 7 still reads it as interlaced. I do not know why it is doing this and I have never experienced this problem before, I don't know if it is the software on my Mac ( Mac Serria) and its giving problems with FCP 7 or if it's the cameras I am using because when I did film school projects with Sony Camera and Arri Alexia cameras I did not have this problem and I was using Mpeg Streamclip to convert the clips. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

The only solution I have found is to use Compressor 2 and convert all the footage to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ and set the field dominance to progressive. I loaded one clip into FCP 7 to test it and the field dominance was none meaning it is progressive footage. Any advice would be appreciated on why Mpeg Streamclip does this thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]