FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK to reorgnanize files in FCP7 Capture Scratch folder?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nancy shihab
OK to reorgnanize files in FCP7 Capture Scratch folder?
on Jun 14, 2017 at 7:49:18 pm

I have a FCP7 project that I began in 2008 and which has changed names several times. Since I am preparing to work with an editor and migrate from FC7 to a new software, I would like to take a day or two to organize the project better, particularly raw footage in the Capture Scratch folder. Currently, all the raw footage is in the Capture Scratch folder, but it's in a series of folders that don't have a consistent logic in terms of naming. (Some of the folders are old project names, others are folders I created when I was importing footage over from another drive or another project.)

Is it possible to reorganize the folders in Capture Scratch so that raw footage is organized in an easy chronological way, by bins named by year/reel? This would reflect the current structure of how I've organized my material in the Finder, where all my FCP clips are organized in chronological bins by year/reel. Relatedly, what is possible and not possible in terms of either moving clips around in the Capture Scratch subfolders and or renaming them. (I have multiple clips named Clip #1, Clip #2, etc due to FCP's naming protocol with AVCHD footage.

ns

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: OK to reorgnanize files in FCP7 Capture Scratch folder?
on Jun 14, 2017 at 9:37:17 pm

You CAN....but then you'll break all the links to the footage inside your project. BUT, what you can do is do all of this organization (I do it too, BTW...or did, rather)...make a new project and bring all the folders into this. Then your project will have the exact same organization as your finder...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]