FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot find autosave back-up!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Boddington
Cannot find autosave back-up!!
on Jun 3, 2017 at 3:55:12 am

Hi,

I'm running FCP 7 and somehow tonight I managed to wipe out 12 hours of edit work. During my back up procedures, yesterdays project file, replaced today's project file. So now I have lost all my work!

My first go to place was the autosave vault which is saving every 30 mins. Problem is the latest file is from 10:25PM yesterday, there is nothing in the autosave vault from today, June 2nd. Not a single file. I have no idea what is going on here?

Does anyone know if FCP puts the current days work in a separate file someplace that I don't know about?

Thanks,
R,

Return to posts index

Richard Boddington
Re: Cannot find autosave back-up!!
on Jun 3, 2017 at 4:08:06 am

Ok, update, somehow the file got moved to my dropbox, so it has been put back on my hard drives and backed up. Phew.

Question remains though, even when I open today's file and go file>Restore Project, I do not see any back ups from today.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks
R,

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Cannot find autosave back-up!!
on Jun 3, 2017 at 8:53:02 am

[Richard Boddington] "Question remains though, even when I open today's file and go file>Restore Project, I do not see any back ups from today.
Anyone know why this is?"

you;d have to put the files back in the autosave vault, into the correct folder.
OR,
just copy the last good autosaved version into your projects folder,
restore the correct project name, and use that.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]