FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 clips from NEXFS700 all have 00:00:00:00 as start time - appear as duplicate clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Glass
FCP7 clips from NEXFS700 all have 00:00:00:00 as start time - appear as duplicate clips
on Apr 30, 2017 at 7:55:17 pm

This used to only happen when I would use my Sony a6000 as a B-camera where when importing clips, their individual timecode always began at 00:00:00:00 instead of in-camera timecode. Is there a setting I changed on the camera or in FCP that is causing this? It's a pain because each clips shows as a duplicate clip, but they're not. A manual, and tedious, fix could be changing the reel # of each clip, but I'm wondering what I did that caused this, so as to avoid it in the future.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: FCP7 clips from NEXFS700 all have 00:00:00:00 as start time - appear as duplicate clips
on May 1, 2017 at 12:17:05 am

sorry, i don't know that camera

how did you get the footage into FCP?
Sony may have software to deal with converting it properly, so it retains it's actually reel# and timecode

you could read the thread bellow this one.
it started as a question about match framing, but morphed into a discussion on duplicate frames and reel#s

nick

Return to posts index

Arturo Glass
Re: FCP7 clips from NEXFS700 all have 00:00:00:00 as start time - appear as duplicate clips
on May 1, 2017 at 4:07:54 am

I'll check out the other post.

I imported the footage using Log and Transfer directly from the SD card. What's odd is that other times this doesn't happen to me, but for some reason today it did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]