FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Can't find correct project Settings in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Crichton
I Can't find correct project Settings in FCP7
on Apr 7, 2017 at 12:06:01 pm

Hi All, I was wondering if you could help? Please forgive my knowledge (or lack of) as I've never used FCP before.

I've been asked to help out on a project being cut in FCP7. I borrowed a friend's copy (as he now uses FCPX & Premiere) and installed. I then went on the Apple Website and installed the most up-to-date ProVideoFormats.dmg (2.0.5). When I open FCP it asks that I set my project settings. We're using a HD 1080p 25fps along with ProRes422 (proxy) media. On the main Editor's system, this comes up as a valid option:

Whereas, on my system, when I boot up FCP and look at the options, I don't seem to have any Apple ProRes options at all, despite installing the ProVideoFormats (Certainly in other software, Quicktime, streamclip etc, the ProRes Codecs are there and export options.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to sort it? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: I Can't find correct project Settings in FCP7
on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:51:26 am

Which Mac are you using. it seems you have installed the driver for a Blackmagic Intensity card or similar. However, the normal QuickTime codecs should be there. You did install QuickTime 7.6.6 ?

Return to posts index

Evan Crichton
Re: I Can't find correct project Settings in FCP7
on Apr 8, 2017 at 11:48:49 am

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I'm on my 2015 MacBook pro Running Sierra (OS 10.12.4). I have a variety of software installed (I'm mainly an Avid user) but also recently installed RED's viewing/transcoding software (Tether, Viewer, Cine-X Pro). However I do have both Quicktime X (10.4) and 7 (7.6.6) installed

and as I say installed FCP7 just the other day. Any idea why it can't see the correct codecs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]