FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 won't batch capture or capture clip; only capture now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claire Panke
FCP 7 won't batch capture or capture clip; only capture now
on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:28:08 am

Hello - hope someone out there can help me with a problem I'm having getting my FCP project to batch capture pre-logged clips OR capture just one clip after it has been logged.
Capture Now is working, but I'd love to be able to batch digitize again....

I'm finally hoping to finish a 15-year documentary project (talk about legacy!), which I started on FCP and am sticking with FCP 7 (at least for now, having heard some scary stories about mid-project transfers to other NLE programs). I do have a new editor and am sending her all materials, just doing some reorganization, transcripts and a bit of final digitizing of my (ahem, ready for this one?) miniDV tapes. At least I shot at 24p...(which was "new" when I started my film)...

It has been quite the challenge over the years to keep up with changing formats, ports, frame rates, etc. and I'm revisiting it all now as I jump back in.

I'm heeding the many warnings I have received including here to NOT update my Mac OS mid-project (sequences and assemblies in progress), so I'm still doing pre-edit work / organizing on my MacBook Pro (mid 2010) running 10.7.5 and using a Gtech 4TB external drive via FW 800 and a Sony DSR-20 deck.
(I did buy a new, 13" MacBook Pro to move all my personal files off and keep the 10.7.5 just for film work )
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Capacity: 500 GB Available: 345 GB

So I've never had this problem before....If I try to batch capture clips I get the usual window confirming settings, but then when I continue, nothing happens. The deck doesn't move the tape ('VTR okay' in window), it just doesn't do anything...I have waited a while but nada.

I see the clips on the browser, I select them, I have tried clicking directly on the "batch" button on the L&Capture viewer AND going to File > Batch Capture...again, little confirmation of settings window comes up, I check them, no errors, I hit okay ..... and again, crickets.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong ???

Return to posts index

Claire Panke
Re: FCP 7 won't batch capture or capture clip; only capture now
on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:34:11 am

ADDENDUM:

While I'm in CAPTURE NOW, trying to stop the tape by hitting ESC doesn't work. Nothing happens and I get that "boing" sound when you try to do something you can't...

I have CAPTURE NOW set at a max of 30 mins.

So now it just keeps going until 30 mins is hit, then takes a while looking for the media end and comes up with the window that says I've reached the limit and my clip was digitized succesfully, and it shows up in the browser just fine....

Kind of frustrating if I have to keep changing the capture now max setting....

Something seems to be off.
I have ALREADY trashed preferences by the way.

hmmmmm

Return to posts index

Claire Panke
Re: addendum: FCP 7 won't batch capture or capture clip; only capture now
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:22:00 pm

DSR-20 deck is set to LOCAL - should it be on REMOTE?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 5, 2017 at 6:03:25 pm

Yes...REMOTE means it will be controlled by an outside source, like FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Claire Panke
on Apr 5, 2017 at 6:06:19 pm

But now when it's on remote I can't eject the tape -used to be able to do both that from my deck and manipulate on the FCP interface.
The big problem for me is not being able to do any batch capture or capture clip.
The only option working is capture now.

Trying to figure that one out...

Return to posts index

Claire Panke
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:39:24 pm

changing the DECK setting to REMOTE solved this problem - I can now stop a CAPTURE NOW by hitting the ESC button.
But I still can't get BATCH CAPTURE to work...

HELP?!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 6, 2017 at 4:33:59 pm

This wouldn't happen to be a custom Easy Setup, would it? If yes, I think the problem lies there.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]