FORUMS: list search recent posts

jpegs now need rendering? FCP 6.06

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barnes
jpegs now need rendering? FCP 6.06
on Mar 28, 2017 at 7:46:53 pm

I have an all day event broken down into 6, 1 hour segments. Now on my 5th segment and suddenly, JPEGs need to be rendered when I put them into the timeline. Why would this suddenly occur? Granted my machine has only 4 gigs of RAM and it's an older imac. But all was fine for the first few sequences. Of course, this rendering will stretch this edit into eternity. I opened the render manager and ditched some render files, (about 16 gigs). I also tried saving the powerpoint into a qt movie with the same specs and same thing happens. Tried saving the powerpoint slieds to PNG files, but still the same; just wants to render it.
Any thoughts would be awesome.
Truly,Rick

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: jpegs now need rendering? FCP 6.06
on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:31:54 pm

The realtime engine in FCP is not infinite in terms of available bandwidth - you have obviously exceeded the available bandwidth, which is a cumulative thing based upon the number of stills combined with the throughput requirements of your video codec.

If you would like to see exactly what I'm talking about, just add stills to an empty timeline one at a time... what you'll see is that after a certain number of diffrent stills are added your render car will turn yellow, and after a few more it will turn red.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barnes
on Mar 28, 2017 at 11:27:33 pm

Thanks David:

I figured it was some sort of hokus-pokus such as this. Is there a way to "re-set" the real time engine? I've gone through the menus and messed with some RT dials - not really knowing what I'm doing. I deleted render files on already rendered segments. Would it help to start a whole new project with the new segment?

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 29, 2017 at 1:46:32 am

[Ricky Barnes] "Is there a way to "re-set" the real time engine"

close your other sequences.
or better, close all your sequences, and then re-open your most recent one.

nick

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 28, 2017 at 11:58:36 pm

Lowering the quality and size of your stills will help the most... and/or get a very fast RAID for all your media... and possibly changing RT settings to turn off Unlimited Realtime might help.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barnes
on Mar 29, 2017 at 2:39:43 am

One more thing I forgot to mention. I also exported the power point as a movie. Then I tried laying in portions of the movie: same results. I did close the other sequences, but I didn't close the one I was working on, and re-open it. Regardless, thanks for the insights.

PS: I had already turned off Unlimited Real Time. Anyhoo - I suffered through the rendering and almost finished...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]