FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC video to HDCAM HD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Anthonio
PC video to HDCAM HD
on Mar 27, 2017 at 7:05:03 am

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I'm a TV editor who desperately needs a solution. I'm editing a TV show in Sony Vegas. I love my Sony Vegas and have no plans to change. That's not the problem. Rather, the problem is the TV station to which I deliver is completely old school Mac-based and insists that my video files must be (MOV) XDCAM HD 1080i(35 Mb/s VBR), 1440 X1080, with a 16 bit little-endian signed integer, 2 channels, 16-bit audio. I was told I could get there with Premier Pro but it's not the case. I've been through all versions of After Effects, Premier Pro, and I can't get to a .mov export setting with these PC renders. At this point I'm ready to buy a damn Mac just to have in my work flow to render my PC renders to this XDCAM format. So, my question is what is the cheapest MAC solution that I can get buy with? I know I need FCP but what version will do? If I can get the XDCAM render of 26 minutes of HD video in this format in about an hour or less, will be great. Does anyone have any suggestions on what version MAC I could get buy with? Anything you can or will do is most appreciated? Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: PC video to HDCAM HD
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:20:31 pm

Why go through all that effort? Just farm the work out to someone who has FCP 7. I'll do it for you for a $100.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 27, 2017 at 6:58:59 pm

They dont' need FCP 7....just a Mac. You can get a MacMini to do this if you want. Or, if this is a rare occurance, hire someone. But a Mini can do this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 28, 2017 at 4:22:11 am

[Andre Anthonio] " (MOV) XDCAM HD 1080i(35 Mb/s VBR), 1440 X1080, with a 16 bit little-endian signed integer, 2 channels, 16-bit audio. I was told I could get there with Premier Pro but it's not the case"

what about Adobe's Media Encoder?
i'd be surprised if it couldn't do it
or is that what you did try?

nick

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:31:49 pm

The free version of da Vinci Resolve should be able to encode this from an Uncompressed codec or something like DNxHD codecs from Vegas. The only issue is 1440 x 1080. This 4:3 non square pixels which is rather weird as a deliverable to a broadcaster.

The audio simply refers to normal PCM 2 channel 16 bit which is the Resolve default.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]