FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 7 VO recording problems.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Greczmiel
Final Cut 7 VO recording problems.
on Jun 16, 2016 at 1:25:13 am

Hi, I'm a not-super-experienced editor on Final Cut 7 and have been doing a rough cut of my documentary project.
After recording over a 100 VOs on the project, I am suddenly getting a "The specified captured destination file already exists" message when I try to record a VO on my sequence. I've tried recording on other sequences and on a newly created project but get the same message. I googled the problem but don't understand the process for solving it. Could someone be kind enough to walk me through it? Thank you so much.
-Mark

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut 7 VO recording problems.
on Jun 16, 2016 at 5:56:17 pm

Record outside of FCP. I tend to record using Quicktime Pro, and then save that recording as an AIFF file. Got tired of making one sequence in FCP to record VO...and having to have SLUG on it because if you ran out of slug, reached the end, the recording stopped.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Greczmiel
Re: Final Cut 7 VO recording problems.
on Jun 16, 2016 at 11:34:16 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I figured it out this morning. I went into the settings for capturing and the "audio" box was unchecked. I checked it and everything seems to be working correctly. This novice Final Cut guy is keeping his fingers crossed. Thank you again for the advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]