FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installing FCP 6 {Live Type Only)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cohen
Installing FCP 6 {Live Type Only)
on Jun 15, 2016 at 4:50:10 pm

I'm trying to install Live Type from Final Cut 6 on an Intel-based iMac running Mavericks.

Whenever I try to run the installer I get a message that says...
"You can’t open the application “FinalCutStudio.mpkg” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

This is self-explanatory, but my question/problem is I that i ran the same installer on the same iMac but the OS installed at the time was Yosemite. It installed with no problems.

The reason I downgraded to Mavericks is because I found out that Motion 4 would not install on Yosemite.

So why will this installer run under Yomesite but not Mavericks?

Thanks in advance;

Steve

Steve Cohen

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
Re: Installing FCP 6 {Live Type Only)
on Jun 22, 2016 at 4:17:35 pm

To install PowerPC apps like FCS 2 you need Rosetta (not to be confused with Rosettastone!). If you have or can acquire a copy of Snow Leopard, you can extract Rosetta from it and you'll be good to go. I think there's also a workaround requiring a bit of a code hack but you'll have to google for it. I was lucky enough to buy a copy of Snow Leopard from Apple when they put it back on the market.

My specs: FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Steve Cohen
Re: Installing FCP 6 {Live Type Only)
on Jun 22, 2016 at 4:56:21 pm

Thank you. That's What I wound up doing.
I had a copy of Snow Leopard.
It was a little tougher than what you said because I'm on an iMac with no DVD drive, bit I made a disk image from my old PPC and then brought that over to the iMac and installed Rosetta.

Thanks.

Steve Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]