FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Time Lapse Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Ryan Neuman
Final Cut Time Lapse Video
on May 18, 2016 at 2:47:11 pm

I'm using Final Cut version 10.2.3 and I'm trying to make a time lapse video involving nearly 80,000 images. I haven't had a problem before making time lapse videos but then again they were only a few thousand pictures versus 80,000. Every time I try to drag the images over to import, Final Cut freezes/crashes/beachballs. I have 179GB of flash storage out of 500GB available on my MacBook Pro with specs:

MacBook Pro: (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

I even took the auto-render off thinking that would speed up the process but still to no avail. My boss suggested I downgrade to Yosemite from El Capitan and even though I have everything backed up I'm scared I'm going to lose stuff. Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall Final Cut? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Final Cut Time Lapse Video
on May 23, 2016 at 1:33:18 pm

2 Possibilities:

Your images may be too large for FCP7.

The number of stills imported may be too great, which means you'll have to import and process the stills in smaller "chunks", then combine them. Or you could move up to FCPX.

Return to posts index

Ryan Neuman
on May 23, 2016 at 3:54:30 pm

I actually am using FCPX and the images are generally around 180KB each in size. And I'm back on Yosemite now and uninstalled and reinstalled FCPX. And I have been importing them in smaller chunks (around 1,000 images each time I import) and it still moves pretty slow, maybe that's just a normal thing? I swear it used to work faster though dealing with time lapse videos in FCPX...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 23, 2016 at 4:43:24 pm

Maybe you should post the question in the FCPX forum, then...

Return to posts index

Ryan Neuman
on May 23, 2016 at 5:08:21 pm

Sorry, I'm a little new to this site, but just posted to that forum as well

Return to posts index

Marco Bortignon
on Jun 10, 2016 at 4:55:11 pm

There is any number of softwares you can use to assemble the images into a .mov to than finish editing it in FCPX. One of the best is LRTimelapse, when used in combination with Lightroom is really powerful. But you can use Quicktime or any other time-lapse specific software.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]