FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting Video and sequence settings for Final Cut Express 4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Brandon Harris
Converting Video and sequence settings for Final Cut Express 4
on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:56:13 am

Hello all. I have been editing with FCE 4 for several years. BUT, I am not totally clear on best settings and I am hoping you may be able to provide some advice.

I am in the process of creating a "highlight football film", with a rather odd way of obtaining video. Video was originally downloaded to an online website for coaches to view film (HUDL.com). I am able to obtain the video via a link provided from the hudl website. The video that I get from them has the following
MPEG-4 File
852 X 480
Codec H.264

In the past I have used MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert the video into a format that is useable in FCE 4.
I have been converting video to
720 x 480
DV / DVCPRO - NTSC
always using interlaced

The video has worked but I am looking to see if there may be better settings that would produce a better end product (which in the past hasn't been bad) Just looking to see if I can improve the final product.

Any suggestions on conversion settings from MPEG STREAMCLIP. Interlaced vs progressive?

Final question.... what would be the best sequence settings? This is where I think I can learn a lot.

Thank you so much for any advice / help you may be able to provide a newbie to settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]