FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I make a 3.5 Hour Video on FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Miller
Can I make a 3.5 Hour Video on FCP7?
on Oct 5, 2015 at 11:11:22 pm

I filmed a seminar in two cameras, 1080/30. I set the timeline to be 720 since this will be for streaming. The client would like it as one long video. Is that possible? Probably will take a long time to export. And will YouTube accept something that long?

Also, as I send the client works in progress to review, perhaps on Vimeo, what are the low resolution settings I should use?

Thanks for any advice.

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Can I make a 3.5 Hour Video on FCP7?
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:08:22 pm

It is unlikely to play off the timeline uninterrupted at that long of a running length, but if you have the processing power and drive space, you should be able to render out a QuickTime .MOV that long.

If you have what they call a "Producer Account" on YouTube, you can post longer material.

Where I would disagree with your client is that it is rare for a YouTube audience to watch something that long, uninterrupted. It would have to be damn compelling content. Not to mention, it's just easier to break something like this up into smaller chapters. Even if "small" is relative, say, an hour.

So, which Wagner opera cycle is it? :-)

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Oct 6, 2015 at 5:25:26 pm

Thanks Mark. The client prefers one long video because this is for Continuing Legal Education credits so she feels the viewer will bookmark, watch a little, and return several times. Also, I suggested doing 8 videos and wanted more money but when she didn't offer any, then fine, one long video. I had no idea there would be this many PP slides!

What settings should I use for FCP7 export knowing it is for the web only? Although I shot in 1080 I set up the sequence for 720 and can tell it's not as crisp looking. Is it possible in 7 for me to change my sequence settings to 1080 without re-rendering 3.5 hours?

I have a powerful 27" iMac with Thunderbolt 1TB drive.

Thanks,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 6, 2015 at 6:26:27 pm

Do a five minute test at 720 that includes said power point graphics, and decide for yourself. I think you will have to re-render, but you can set it up overnight.

"Bookmarking" somewhere inside a timeline of 3.5 hours? Versus shorter, easy-to-track, self-contained chapters? Your client is making a big mistake, IMO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]