FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Am Sick!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Patrick Morrow
I Am Sick!!!
on Aug 31, 2015 at 10:20:21 pm

I had some precious footage of Christmas with my kids and it shows alias where the footage was. Please let me know if there is any way I can restore these or what may have happened to it.
Thanks So Much!!!
Patrick Morrow

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: I Am Sick!!!
on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:38:07 pm

First thing to do, is DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH OR POWER DOWN THE COMPUTER.

Second is go find your Autosave Vault and find the last intact version of your project file there. A keyword search in your finder's "sherlock" (the little magnifying glass icon top right) will locate it. They are organized by date, double-clicking on the autosved project file opens it in FCP7.

An alias means you disconnected the media that the editing program was looking at, or at least broke the connection it was expecting to find. This could mean you trashed the raw footage, or just that you moved it, and FCP needs help re-locating it. The Media Manager is made for this task, and with luck, following its directions, you will re-establish connection to the media.

There is the chance you were a naughty boy and connected a camera direct to the system, treating the camera like an external drive. Take away that camera, and the system no longer sees the footage. Proper technique is to copy over the footage to an A/V drive on the computer, then disconnect the camera. Re-connect the camera in such a case, and it may restore the link.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]