FORUMS: list search recent posts

image/graphics being cropped off by wireframe in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Pilawski
image/graphics being cropped off by wireframe in FCP
on Aug 18, 2015 at 8:08:00 pm

I made some black bars/lower 3rd type things that I created in After Effects that say "Courtesy of ... " that go into the upper left of the screen. They start at the edge of the left and go into the frame and have the text within it. Just a plain black bar with text. Exporting as a .PSD file from AE.

When I bring it into FCP, FCP has this wireframe that crops it off at the left and right. right around the action safe mark, making it too short and it no longer touches the left edge of the screen.

Is there a way to adjust the wireframe so it doesn't crop off the edge? It's almost like my image is within a clipping mask or something.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: image/graphics being cropped off by wireframe in FCP
on Aug 18, 2015 at 10:00:01 pm

FCP7 can be told in a preference setting to not automatically re-scale incoming stuff to fit the existing frame. See the little box, Auto conform sequence lower right? Is yours on or off? I think there is one of those for stills, too, but I'm too busy to go looking right now, sorry.

Return to posts index

Richard Pilawski
Re: image/graphics being cropped off by wireframe in FCP
on Aug 19, 2015 at 12:49:51 am

Hi thanks for your response.
Turns out it was a pixel aspect ratio incompatibility.
The .PSD (that was exported from AE as Square Pixel) was importing into FCP as an NTSC - CCIR 601. So I manually switched it back to Square and it was fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]