FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blank Screen with .MOV import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kay Fi'ain
Blank Screen with .MOV import
on Aug 8, 2015 at 11:04:55 am

Dear Folks at Creative Cow

I really hope you can help me with this issue. I saw that there was a post a while back raising this issue but it never seemed to really get resolved. I have never come across this problem before. I have imported my video files from my cannon D5 into final cut pro HD 4.5 (I know I'm using and old one and I need to up grade) My files are sitting in an external drive they are all .MOV files. They play fine in quicktime and I can see the image in the file on the Hard Drive. When I import the files into final cut all I have is a blank screen. The information is clearly there as the 'time runs'. But I can't see any image. I imported these files a few weeks ago and have since wiped the flash card as I had more filming to do. These are now my only copies of these files. It's also not possible to do a re-shoot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Blank Screen with .MOV import
on Aug 10, 2015 at 7:09:35 pm

When you click on an individual file and then right click to "get info", what does it say about the file, specifically, what codec of "flavor" of video is it? When shooting from DSLR's, you first need to translate the files into ProRes422 before Final Cut Pro 7 can deal with them properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]