FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow of iPhone 6 movies in Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Berari
Workflow of iPhone 6 movies in Final Cut Pro 7
on Apr 9, 2015 at 10:16:30 am

When I export iPhone 6 videos from Final Cut 7 their resolution is not 1920x1080 (in this case 1920x810 cause I am recording in 16:9) but 320x240.
I tried to convert the files in Apple Pro Res 422 LT with MPEG Streamclip before importing them into FCP7 but the final result is always the same.

Actually the steps I take are the following:
1) I export the video from iPhone 6 to iPhoto on my mac
2) I convert the files with MPEG Streamclip in Apple Pro Res 422 LT, I just select this codec, I do not change the resolution, which is set automatically to 1920x1080, and then I increase the quality to 100%
3) I import the converted files into FCP7
4) I edit them
5) I export them using the same format (in this case Apple Pro Res 422 LT), but also when I change the exporting format the quality does not change

What errors am I making? I read similar topics on this forum, and they suggested to convert the iPhone files in the Prores format with MPEG Streamclip, but it seems to not work. In addition, every time I edit the files a red line appears over them and I have to render them.

Return to posts index

Simon Green
Re: Workflow of iPhone 6 movies in Final Cut Pro 7
on Apr 24, 2015 at 11:00:01 pm

It has to be something in your export settings from FCP7. Try Export>Quicktime Conversion ... and make sure your settings are what you desire.

Return to posts index

Manuel Berari
Re: Workflow of iPhone 6 movies in Final Cut Pro 7
on Aug 18, 2015 at 6:55:52 pm

I think the problem is not about the exporting setting, or maybe just not only about this, but about the importing ones. Indeed, every time I modify something (such as cutting a video) FCP7 forces me to render that video-clip. I tried to modify the importing setting according to some tutorials I found on the Internet, but this problem always occurs. I really do not understand what kind of settings I should use to import iPhone 6 videos on FCP7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]