FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem using "Log & transfer" in FCP 7.0.3 to ingest AVCHD footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Cooke
Problem using "Log & transfer" in FCP 7.0.3 to ingest AVCHD footage
on Jan 31, 2015 at 6:06:50 pm

I apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm having problems getting AVCHD footage into FCP7. In the past, I used "log and capture" to capture footage from tape - no problem. I've also used "log and transfer" to capture media on P-2 cards successfully.

I'm now using "log and transfer" for AVCHD footage for the first time. The footage was shot on a Panasonic AG-AC90 camera and recorded to a SDHC card. When I put the SD card in the Mac it appears on the desktop, I believe as "Camera_SD." In FCP, when I open "log and capture" the clips appear as expected in the logging window. However, there appears to be no media with them. Their durations read 00:00:00:00. Nor is there an image. My understanding is that the files should be converted to Pro Res during this process. I have set my preferences to Pro Res Lite.

I'm stuck, so I would appreciate anyone's help with this. This is the first time I've worked with AVCHD footage. Thanks.

Bruce

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Problem using "Log & transfer" in FCP 7.0.3 to ingest AVCHD footage
on Feb 3, 2015 at 3:38:56 pm

Hey Bruce, the files are MTS files correct? FCP is not able to rewrap or transcode these files. You'll have to use a program like ClipWrap to do that: http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

ClipWrap is able to do either job: rewrap or transcode to ProRes.

@ericstrand11

Return to posts index

Bruce Cooke
on Feb 4, 2015 at 5:03:06 am

Eric,

Thanks for the advise. They are MTS files. I didn't realize there was such variation of formats within AVCHD. I'll download the ClipWrap demo and try it out. Any idea whether Avid works with MTS files?

Thanks again for your help.

Bruce Cooke

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:02:39 pm

Hi Bruce, I'm not sure if Avid works with them or not, sorry. The new version of premiere does.

@ericstrand11

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]