FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Multiclip feature on FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Boulton
Using Multiclip feature on FCP 7
on Dec 15, 2014 at 5:45:26 pm

Hello Support Team,

I filmed my grandson's Christmas program using three different HD cameras (Canon 5Dii, Canon XHA-1 and HV20). Although the cameras were set to record HD, unfortunately, the recording settings were different on all cameras.

After making subclips from all cameras clips and launching "multiclip function", I get a message "cannot use multiclip function because codecs do not match (HDV 1080i60, HDV 1080p24, H.264)".

Please advise how I can correct this issue as quick as possible because his school wants to show the video tonight. The clips are 90 minutes each in HD,

Your immediate consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sam

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Using Multiclip feature on FCP 7
on Dec 15, 2014 at 6:17:29 pm

Hi Sam,

You'll see from previous threads that you'll need to 'match' your footage for FCP to run smoothly.

FCP doesn't like h.264. You're best bet is to convert to HDV 1080i.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Samuel Boulton
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:35:15 pm

Todd,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll convert the h.264 as suggested using MPEG streamclip software.

Happy Holidays!

Sam

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:38:47 pm

To elaborate, before you can load the clips into FCP7, you must translate them into a format it understands, like prores 422. Two ways to do this:

Use the free app called MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert each clip and save it out in the proper format.

Or, use Apple Compressor to do the job. THEN you can import, align, and multi-track the way you wanted.

Return to posts index

Samuel Boulton
on Dec 15, 2014 at 11:09:49 pm

Todd,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll convert the h.264 as suggested using MPEG streamclip software.

Happy Holidays!

Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]