FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 Media shows offline and in red, but still plays...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracey Holloway
Final Cut Pro 7 Media shows offline and in red, but still plays...
on Dec 4, 2014 at 5:13:37 pm

Hello,

Having major problems with FCP7. Hard drive disconnected due to a power cut and now all my media is in red and offline, although it plays fine. I have read many forums which suggest quitting FCP and deleting thumbnail cache and data.I also rebooted drive and laptop. Unlike many of the other success stories on the forums, mine has not worked. Tried reconnecting media, but since it is already there this does not work.

Any suggestions. Really need some help.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 Media shows offline and in red, but still plays...
on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:31:58 am

Are you sure you got the right Thumbnail Cache? Look for the Final Cut Pro documents folder in your DOCUMENTS folder...and look in there. Delete those. If you have them set to somewhere else in the FCP Preferences...then you'll need to go to where you pointed FCP to put them...sometimes on the external drive where your media is.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tracey Holloway
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 Media shows offline and in red, but still plays...
on Dec 5, 2014 at 4:04:19 pm

Hello Shane, thanks for your reply. FCP was pointing to my external drive. There were two folders titled Thumbnail Cache, one was an independent folder, the other was found in the Final Cut Pro documents folder. I quit FCP and then I deleted both thumbnail caches and thumbnail data. I trashed them, emptied the trash can and then rebooted both the drive and computer. Unfortunately this did not work for me. Do you have anymore ideas?

Thanks Tracey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]