FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to make a short clip last a long time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cathy Koutsavlis
Trying to make a short clip last a long time
on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:24:54 pm

Hello,

So I have a specific dilemma and I am not sure how to solve it.

I have a 3 min clip of a person talking to a camera. This clip will be shown next to other videos that are about an hour long. The 3 min clip will start at the end of the hour long videos.
I am just trying to figure out a way to make the beginning of the 3 min clip last about 1 hour so that it can play throughout the hour and then start.

The idea is that I am kinda of going for a moving head type of look, that blinks or turns occasionally, but that remains largely still until it is supposed to play. I would just project a still image, but wanted it to be more lively.

I am editing in Final Cut Pro and have tried reducing the speed or looping small clips, but am having difficulty making it look clean or seamless. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips of suggestions for creating this type of effect.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Trying to make a short clip last a long time
on Dec 1, 2014 at 7:16:23 pm

Weird, but who are we to judge. Okay, what I would try is to speed-ramp the clip into and out of the long freeze-frames you'll have to use. Ramping the speed means a smoothly variable change from zero to whatever ending slow-mo speed you wanted.

Another way to create the long clip would be to just use a few key stills of various poses of the person, of whatever length you fancy, and set dissolves between them.

Return to posts index

Cathy Koutsavlis
on Dec 1, 2014 at 8:04:25 pm

I know its a bit weird- its a unique project, haha. But this is super helpful and reduces some of the problems I was having.

I am still trying to smooth out the motion blur, but I imagine this is a problem I cannot avoid slowing the clip down so drastically.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 1, 2014 at 9:15:52 pm

If the video is progressive, you might try a morphing effect plug-in or twixtor, which interpolates between frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]