FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very slow rendering! I need solution plz

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nizar Abu Zayyad
Very slow rendering! I need solution plz
on Sep 15, 2014 at 11:24:14 pm

I have the new imac quadcore i7 3.9 with 32Gb ram and 2gb video card im working on a short film 15 mins i shot it on 5d mark lll i changed the format before editing on mpeg streamclip to apple PRORES QT and did the editing, i added some color correction filters from red giant and now i want to render and export and the rendering is taking like 21 hours! There must be sth wrong? Help please... Any suggestions or solutions?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Very slow rendering! I need solution plz
on Sep 16, 2014 at 1:58:53 pm

What were the output settings?

Return to posts index

Nizar Abu Zayyad
on Sep 17, 2014 at 6:16:15 am

I guess i figured out why that was happening.. it was because of a filter (denoiser) that was making this problem, i removed the filter and everything went back to normal... but the question why the filter makes the render very slow like this? i need to use the filter on the film, i exported the film without the denoiser and then i added it again and tried to export but it also asked for like 30 hours of rendering! any solution to use the filter and make the render fast? and how much time should the render usually take on a machine like mine? i thought it would be much faster than 2 hours to render a 15 mins film

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:25:45 pm

Delay is to be expected when you use a plug-in that is essentially modifying every single pixel in every single frame. A faster machine will help some. Also, remember that the figure the computer puts up as a render time is often just a guess, based on looking at a few frames. It is not uncommon that a progress bar will estimate many hours, then rapidly shrink to a fraction of that time.

Return to posts index

Nizar Abu Zayyad
on Sep 17, 2014 at 2:57:54 pm

Thank you.. I thought my machine was strong enough to do fast redenring.. Although i tried to render on after effects with the same denoiser plugin and it took almost the same amount of hours which was too much.. Is it normal on the new imac i7 quad core 3.4 with 32GB RAM and 2gb video card to take like 1 hour and a half to render a 15 mins video?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 17, 2014 at 6:37:01 pm

You could buy me one, and I'll let you know:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]