FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a duplicate project file in FCP 6 and convert to FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamera Coleman
How to create a duplicate project file in FCP 6 and convert to FCP 7
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:30:46 am

Hello, I am trying to convert a FCP 6 project > FCP 7. I was given seemingly easy instructions (1) create a FCP 7 folder on the external HD (2) duplicate the project file (3) copy it to the FCP 7 folder (4) open FCP 7 application then open the duplicate version of the project file that was saved to the new FCP 7 folder.

My question: Is there a 'visual/tutorial' available, so I can identify the project file? What should the project file look like?

Also, I read a post that suggested using media manager and copying everything over {rendered files, etc]. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: How to create a duplicate project file in FCP 6 and convert to FCP 7
on Sep 9, 2014 at 5:44:38 am

It will look like this.

Move you old project, render files, capture scratch, auto save files, etc to a external HDD (Because you should always edit in an external HDD), then duplicate your old project file (like the one on the picture) so you´ll leave your original safe and open it on Final 7.It will ask you if you want to convert it to final 7 or something like that, say yes and there you are.

Good luck :)

Return to posts index

Tamera Coleman
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:07:30 pm

Thanks. But want to clarify. You're suggesting I "move" the project file. Shouldn't the file(s) be copied to the external HD, not "moved"?

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
on Sep 23, 2014 at 9:37:17 pm

Sorry for the delay.

So If move your project file it does´t matter as long as what you open is your duplicate and not the original. Keep a copy of what you are moving in it´s original place but make sure you change the project settings to your new place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]