FORUMS: list search recent posts

Locating speech in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Paul Bywater
Locating speech in Final Cut Pro
on Aug 17, 2014 at 7:07:07 am

Hi - I am new to video editing and I need some help. I have some 64 hours of GoPro 3 footage of a car trip. I want to locate clips from this footage that contain speech ( any speech not specific words) to do a compilation. Is there any way other than going through the entire footage. The clips contain car engine sounds and a small amount of speech.

Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Locating speech in Final Cut Pro
on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:49:56 pm

Adobe my have something that can handle this. All that i can think of right now is to use the JKL keys and really lean on that "L" key, to put the video into high speed shuttle. Whenever you hear speech, hit spacebar and drop a marker on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 18, 2014 at 4:24:41 pm

Well, there WAS an app that did this, but it's been discontinued. Discontinued one year before FCP 7 was. It was called GET, and it would analyze the speech, and you could search for certain words. Although if there is a lot of ambient noise, I'm not sure it'd be able to cut through it to discern the words properly. This might be something you need to do manually...listening to all that footage. The old fashioned way.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Bywater
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:30:07 am

Hi, thanks. I just need to locate speech and identify the voices. If I could see the audio bars in the scanning I could zoom into the peaks but I do t want to add 60+ hours into the timeline. If I could find a way of identifying audio peaks it would be useful.

Return to posts index

Paul Bywater
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:26:56 am

Hi, thanks. That's what I'm doing now - high speed scan and mark - not in the timeline because I'm identifying clips to add to the timeline. It's still going to take a long while to scan 60+ hours of footage though :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on Aug 19, 2014 at 12:31:33 am

I used Dragonspeak to do this. It worked pretty well, producing the list of words spoken with pretty high accuracy, but of course no punctuation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]