FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which font do you prefer, without using plugins?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Which font do you prefer, without using plugins?
on Jan 26, 2014 at 3:40:59 pm

I know how to do credit rolls, and normally for government work I pick the right font for the scroll. But I'll watch TV and see commercials with ultra small fonts, and you can still read them.

I've never been asked to do this, and in no rush. I'm just curious. What are the fonts those legal / product / etc. commercials use that are so small but still legible? I did try it once and every font I chose, whether I left it regular or bolded it , was still just a blob of white pixels. Even when I went into motion controls to add shadows to the back ground.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Which font do you prefer, without using plugins?
on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:44:58 pm

Arial and Helvetica are my go-to fonts when going small.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 28, 2014 at 9:42:08 pm

I'm with Shane. Below a certain point size, seriffed fonts only make readability worse.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:28:12 pm

Were you working in standard def or high def? It wasn't until I used hi-def timelines that the small type resolved well.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]