FORUMS: list search recent posts

sync problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
micheal youssef
sync problem
on Jan 10, 2014 at 10:13:28 am

i already work in feature documentary which shoot by sony fs100 and we recored sound on zoom device
i'm use log and transfer in final cut to convert videos to apple proress proxy and then sync it using pluraleys2 and it was ok suddenly at once de-sync problems appear the clips begun synced and then de-sync in the middle of it i was think that because different frequency rate between camera and zoom but it happened when both camera and zoom in the same frequency rate 48khz i try to use plurleyes3 and import XML and nothing happened any one can help me in this problem

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: sync problem
on Jan 10, 2014 at 4:56:10 pm

Losing sync can happen with long takes. The timing bewteen the camera and audio recorder is almost always different so after a while they drift apart. The way to avoid that is to sync your timecode while shooting to the video camera's video signal. A Timecode Buddy can do this for you as well as other tc devices. In your case since you've already shot, I suggest breaking your tracks apart where the sync goes bad and re-sync. Keep doing that all through the program.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]