FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Compressor Issues
on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:00:32 pm

I have a huge project that is broken into 2 discs. I have burned both for screeners and then went back to polish them up, 2 months worth. After polishing, Compressor is crashing during the first few hours. Is there a way to discover at what point precisely the issue is happening at? I would think there is a log or report. I have always been able to resolve error issues by backtracking, ram, sleep mode, energy saver, hard drive space, etc... obviously at an impass here or wouldn't be asking you. FCP suite 3(fcp7).

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: Compressor Issues
on Dec 4, 2013 at 4:44:44 pm

I'm answering my own post. Clearly I'm losing it. I can't find the corruption in my timeline. It does export out of FCP7 with no issue as a quicktime file. I can't seem to find a straight answer out there about quality issues with making a quicktime movie first or exporting directly into Compressor. DOES ANYONE KNOW!?!?!?! My old workflow is like this: prores 422 timeline, send to compressor, use the HD 30 minute to DVD5 preset, 2.0 audio, tweek until it's about 23gb, submit, drag those assets to Toast and dump it in a bluray. Makes gorgeous playback with really few issues ever. Been doing it that way for a few years with fairly long movies, over 2 hours in some cases. Since I can't get compressor to compress without the "error 0", i was hoping I could go with the make quicktime movie option and not lose quality. Will there be a quality loss???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]