FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desperate ... Converting M2T files to mov and converting problem-mp4 files to mov

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly Vear
Desperate ... Converting M2T files to mov and converting problem-mp4 files to mov
on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:10:12 am

2 big problems I need help with,

1. I'm working on a mac editing in FCP 7, with mpeg streamclip/converter to use. I've received a vast amount of m2t files from a freelancer on a drive, who not-so-helpfully has formatted his original cards.
how can I get the files from m2t to workable - prores hq.

Things I've tried ... mpeg streamclip wont accept them, neither does converter. I've brought them into Premier so I can view them and export them out but it takes forever to do just one and I've got nearly 200 to do.
I've tried using mpeg streamclip on a PC which then accepts them but can't spit them out as prores, closest I can get is h.264 encoder which also takes about 2 hours to do 1 file.
We have to work in FCP rather than adobe software because there is a group of FCP trained people working on the project over multiple computers and over 2tb of other material already in prores hq.
I've also tried wondershare and leawo and both damage the quality of the files.

2. Another freelancer who has also formatted his cards has sent me a drive that only opens on mac but the video files are MP4 which for some reason wont open on the mac, wont go into mpeg streamclip or converter. I transferred them to another drive tried to open them on a pc which means I can watch the files on VLC, media player etc but when trying to convert them through that they again take nearly 3 hours to do just one and mpeg streamclip on pc won't accept them either, again they need to be prores

Help with either is very very appreciated, I can't think of anything else to try

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Desperate ... Converting M2T files to mov and converting problem-mp4 files to mov
on Nov 6, 2013 at 6:03:52 pm

[Holly Vear] "1. I'm working on a mac editing in FCP 7, with mpeg streamclip/converter to use. I've received a vast amount of m2t files from a freelancer on a drive, who not-so-helpfully has formatted his original cards.
how can I get the files from m2t to workable - prores hq."

FCP works with most AVCHD files...just go FILE>LOG and Transfer. Here's the workflow:

If it doesn't work, if it is an AVCHD format it doesn't deal with, or if the full card structure wasn't kept when backing up, you use an app called CLIPWRAP2 to convert. divergentmedia.com

[Holly Vear] "2. Another freelancer who has also formatted his cards has sent me a drive that only opens on mac but the video files are MP4"

What camera did they shoot with? Did they back up the FULL card structure? If not, smack them upside the head...or never hire them again. Formatting the cards is fine, as long as they back up the media properly.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]