FORUMS: list search recent posts

My friend doesn't have to render brightness and contrast, why do I?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Rojas
My friend doesn't have to render brightness and contrast, why do I?
on Nov 3, 2013 at 11:56:38 pm

How is everybody doing?

I am new to Final Cut Pro 7 but I have been working on it for a couple of Months. A friend of mines has been editing for a couple of years and he's pretty much teaching me a lot of the basics.

I have encountered a problem that me nor him can find a solution.

You see, for some weird reason, with his Final Cut Pro 7, he can add the filter "Brightness and Contrast" to his clips and doesn't have to render it at all. However, when I try to do it, I have to render (and my video is long so rendering is going to take forever).

I want to know if there is anything that I am missing or anything I need to change on Final Cut Pro so I don't have to render when using the filter "Brightness & Contrast".

Please let me know, thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: My friend doesn't have to render brightness and contrast, why do I?
on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:04:53 am

[Jonathan Rojas] "You see, for some weird reason, with his Final Cut Pro 7, he can add the filter "Brightness and Contrast" to his clips and doesn't have to render it at all. However, when I try to do it, I have to render (and my video is long so rendering is going to take forever)."
Is not that he don't have to render. His filter will be rendered on exporting, but he has RT performance enough to preview the clip+filter (with lower quality) without rendering.

The reason may be that he has a more powerful system, or that you haven't set your system RT option properly.

In your time-line, under the "Sequence" tab, there is an small button: RT.
Click and set:
- Unlimited RT
- Playback Video Quality: Dynamic.
- Playback frame Rate: Dynamic.
That should help.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]