FORUMS: list search recent posts

effects question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rebecca kelly
effects question
on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:10:12 pm

Hi there,

I'm editing a music video in a couple of weeks and the director sent this as the main reference:

https://vimeo.com/73400662

It seems like everything was done in final cut, and not after effects. It looks like a bunch of overlays plus plugin effects. Can anyone recognize these effects? Or suggest a good website I can go to to buy some cool plugins for FCP?

Thanks!

Rebecca

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: effects question
on Oct 30, 2013 at 3:39:53 pm

About 80-90 percent of that can be done using variations of the "bad TV" filter effect setting in the "distortion" filter category that is already in Final cut pro 7 or Apple Motion. And MotionVFX and others sell additional "bad TV " distortion plug-ins that have more precision control.

But I think I also saw a couple of shots where it looked like a video projector was actually projecting grid and scan line patterns onto the model *during* the shoot, showing off her facial contours.

The good news there is that lo-fi video pico projectors are around 60 bucks on Amazon these days, and you can feed them from a DVD or memory card loaded with a pre-made video signal like the bad TV effect , applied to a white or gray color wash, with the scan line effects turned up.

Return to posts index

rebecca kelly
on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:20:11 am

Ah okay,

The projection thing makes sense, but I'm a bit surprised about the Bad TV effect. I was unaware it could be altered in such a unique way.

Thanks for the help!

Rebecca

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:05:33 pm

The very first shot in the sequence is done with a projector, on-set. Also, a couple of the shots use a solarization effect, as does the still used in the title.

THis plug-in will also be fun to apply:

http://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-13.html

Return to posts index

rebecca kelly
on Nov 4, 2013 at 11:31:57 am

Thank you so much for your help!

That plug-in looks really cool. I'm going to learn Motion now just so I can use it.

Thanks again!

Rebecca

Return to posts index

rebecca kelly
on Nov 4, 2013 at 1:26:23 pm

I've added a screenshot below. If you watch the video, this part moves like a spasm and I wonder how he did it?

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]