FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get external playback monitor to work. FCP 7 on Mavericks.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Parker
Can't get external playback monitor to work. FCP 7 on Mavericks.
on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:12:57 pm

Hi all,

First post so please excuse me if I seem like a bit of a novice!

I recently upgraded my Mac Pro to Mavericks. I've had no problems with any software since the upgrade but I edit using Final Cut Pro 7 and my one and only issue is that since the upgrade I cannot get external playback on my second monitor.

I've had the same setup for several years now. Two monitors directly connected to the back of my Mac with DVI and a Mini Display adapter. Suddenly after the update this method isn't working for playback in final cut. Both monitors are still working and I can move windows across them.

I can still get all frames playback but it only works on one monitor and I've exhausted my limited knowledge of problem fixing (going through video settings, refreshing devices etc).

If anyone could help me I'd be very grateful. I'm hoping that perhaps it's just a glitch that Mavericks may fix on it's next update.

Return to posts index

Ben Lawrence
Re: Can't get external playback monitor to work. FCP 7 on Mavericks.
on Dec 13, 2014 at 2:43:03 pm

Question: Were you ever able to get your second monitor going with Final Cut 7 on Maverick? Or perhaps you've had luck with Yosemite?

I really want my second monitor back in action!
Thoughts anyone?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 24, 2013 at 3:00:44 pm

In the FCPX techniques forum, there are several threads about this and apparently it has to do with the order of how the screens are invoked. I would definitely call it a glitch, though apparently those guys are finding a work-around.

I never immediately jump into any new upgrade until the early adopters find all the bugs the dev's missed.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 26, 2013 at 1:45:33 am

In the FC Forum there are some posts about issues after installing Maverick.
Seems that reinstalling FC fix those issues.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]