FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor deinterlacing time -- are newer versions faster?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Compressor deinterlacing time -- are newer versions faster?
on Oct 10, 2013 at 7:03:46 pm

I'm working in FCP 5.5 in OS 10.5.8 on a project I started a few years ago on an older MBP, did a lot of cutting, and can't XML export to my new MBP and Premiere Pro because the FCP project was all based on cutting subclips and the XML is garbage.

So I plan to finish the project in FCP 5.5 on this machine, save as a Quicktime, then import to a PrPro HD project.

That's just the background. This project was shot in miniDV as NTSC 29.77 interlaced and ugly artifacts are showing up when I port it through firewire to an HDTV monitor.

I did a test deinterlacing with Compressor 2, with some heavy processing, and it came out very nice. But the 2-minute test took about 4+ hours to process. The whole sequence will be at least 30 minutes, so that's maybe 60 hours to deinterlace.

Would it be better to install FCP 7 or X on my newer MBP, and use Compressor 4 to deinterlace either the FCP file or a straight Quicktime? Will it work to save the straight Quicktime in my FCP 5.5 and use Compressor 4 or other software to deinterlace on the new machine?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]