FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Problem - end of my tether!! Looking for Advice.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Edwards
Compressor Problem - end of my tether!! Looking for Advice.
on Sep 29, 2013 at 10:38:49 am

Dear all

Could someone please shed some light onto a problem I am having as I seem to have exhausted all my lines of thought.

I am trying compress a sequence of about 1 hour to create a DVD in DVD SP. Every time I try, it gets to about 3/4 complete and then gives me a message of 'Failed'.

I have exported from FCP7 as QT, using current settings in both self-contained and non self-contained files.

My raw footage, FCP project file and exported QT file are in one folder on my Time Capsule and I have been trying to export the resulting Mpg2 and ac files to source. I tried moving the QT file to the desktop but that didn't change anything. I have run Compressor Repair and re-exported from FCP7 but still get a fail message.

I have browsed several forums but still can't get to the bottom of it. What's most perplexing is I have compressed a short sequence to use as a pre menu intro in the final DVD and this worked fine, using all the same settings in both FCP and Compressor. I have produced several DVDs in the last 9 months or so using the same settings and methods and they have all worked fine also.

Can anyone shed any light onto something I may have missed?

Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Compressor Problem - end of my tether!! Looking for Advice.
on Sep 30, 2013 at 2:37:29 pm

Erase the failed attempts completely, and try to do a cleaning and defrag of the target drive... I am guessing you ran out of free drive space to support the completed image compressor is trying to build. This was what happened to me a while back when I just plain had no drive space left. Ruthlessly cull your old and unneeded files to reclaim free space. As large as your project is, you need at least twice as much free space for Compressor to do it's thing.

Return to posts index

Richard Edwards
Re: Compressor Problem - end of my tether!! Looking for Advice.
on Oct 20, 2013 at 4:31:41 am

Hi Mark

Only just revisited and saw your message. Thanks for advice. I will look into this although I am sure I have more than enough space on my drive but I will give it a go.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]