FORUMS: list search recent posts

Heavy yellow cast to correct in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mar SPrieto
Heavy yellow cast to correct in Final Cut Pro
on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:53:07 am

Hi all

I'm currently grading this series in Final Cut Pro 7 and I encountered a sequence with a heavy yellow color cast on it. I tried to correct it as good as I could with not much success.

The footage was shot on a Canon C300 and it's been compressed to Apple pro res.

Now, I don't consider Final cut a powerful enough app for color correction although I'm not sure if I would be able to do something else. Unfortunately I don't have access to other tools like Da vinci Resolve to fix this problem and we have a petty tight deadline. Any ideas or advise on how could I improve these shots?

These are the before and after of one shot I corrected using the 3 wheel color corrector in Final cut Pro:

Any piece of advise will be much appreciate it. Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Heavy yellow cast to correct in Final Cut Pro
on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:38:50 pm

Well, the final cut suite came with Color, which is a more powerful tool more on a par with Resolve. Might want to play with it there.

Another technique I mention a lot is to lay down multiple copies of the identical video track in a stack, and then doing a different bit of color correction on each one using the 3-way C.C. then changing the blending modes and opacity to get to a final overall result. This lets you push the blacks on one track, hype the mids on a separate layer, and treat the highlights separate. You can simulate this in photoshop with a still export and layers, to see if you can come up with a formula that works for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]