FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Exclamation mark in Log and Trasfer Final Cut 7, can anyone shed any light??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sacha Gungadin
Red Exclamation mark in Log and Trasfer Final Cut 7, can anyone shed any light??
on Sep 13, 2013 at 4:18:56 pm

I have a log and transfer problem, wondered if you can shed some light…. I have a XF100 Canon camera which I use Log and Transfer to import the clips to Final Cut 7. Up until a week ago I was importing files that were longer than 20mins, now it seems I cant import anything over 5 mins. When I do a red exclamation mark comes up and refuses to have anything to do with it. Ive checked the total free space… There’s 1.1TB, Ive changed the destination of the clip… No change, Ive changed the clip name… No change, I un-ticked the ‘Remove advanced pull down and duplicate frames’…. No change. Ive also updated the Firmware plugins for the camera and for Final Cut, produced another clip about 14mins… No joy. At the moment Im using PP CS5 to change the clip so its suitable for FC7. I would just cut it in PP but my version keeps crashing and I don’t trust it for big jobs. Also the clip is displayed and playable in both log and transfer as well Canon Utility. I want to know if there’s a setting I’m missing, something that’s really obvious.

I really would appreciate it if anyone had answers,

Regards Sacha.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Red Exclamation mark in Log and Trasfer Final Cut 7, can anyone shed any light??
on Sep 17, 2013 at 3:50:33 pm

Some software limits the length of a clip it will process if a license isn't up to date. I'm not familiar with your workflow, but could that be the case? Also, if you have Disk Warrior, I'd give that a try. It's cleaned up so many weird issues over the years for me, I can't recommend it enough.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]