FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV stretched on export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Barroso
DV stretched on export
on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:51:58 pm

I'm sure someone answered this question 10 years ago but I can't find the answer. Please help! I'm on deadline.

These videos will be seen only on the web, using vimeo.

I'm editing DV footage in FCP6 and the timeline is set to NTSC DV. All of the clips are sized 720 x 640. When I export the sequence using QT conversion, it says the current size is 637 x 477.

When I look at the final QT file, it looks stretched, and indeed, the dimensions are 853 x 480. The odd thing is, when I bring back into FCP it's 720 x 480 again.

I'm guessing it's the square vs. rectangular pixel issue, but I am loathed to re-export from the timeline again as I have 25 hours of video and each one takes about 2 hours. I can't have it looking stretched on-line, and I'm uploading a test as a type.

If I need to fix it, is there another, faster way to re-size the video before upload?

Thanking you in advane

Return to posts index

Mark Barroso
Re: DV stretched on export
on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:29:00 pm

I just looked at the test on vimeo and yes, it looks stretched. So now I'm hoping someone here as a quicker fix than re-exporting from FCP. I have Handbrake, but that doesn't look like you can adjust the size.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: DV stretched on export
on Sep 11, 2013 at 2:49:01 pm

If you are playing the clip with QT Player, is normal that looks distorted.
QT interpretes everything as Squared Pixels (unless the footage is flagged with a different pixel aspect.
Your DV stuff will look distorted in QT and also in any web site.
You need to export keeping the 4x3 relation between wide and high.

BTW, avoid "QT Conversion" unless you are making a web video.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]