FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 Academic compatibility

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viola Leason
Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 Academic compatibility
on Aug 28, 2013 at 3:15:49 pm

Question 1: Will Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 Academic work on a Macbook Pro, Intel core i7?

Question 2: How many different computers can I install the Academic Version of Final Cut Pro HD 4.5?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 Academic compatibility
on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:35:29 pm

[Viola Leason] " Question 1: Will Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 Academic work on a Macbook Pro, Intel core i7?"

No. It was written when Apple was using Motorola processors...they have since switched to Intel processors. Different software language involved. The first version of FCP that worked with intel processors is FCP 5.1.

[Viola Leason] "Question 2: How many different computers can I install the Academic Version of Final Cut Pro HD 4.5?"

The original agreement states only one per copy. Later agreements for FCP 6 and 7 say you are allowed to install on one desktop and one laptop, but cannot use them at the same time. This was to enable people who use FCP on a desktop at work, but then need to use it when the went home, or travel on the road. 4.5 says only one computer.

But you'll need to find a very old mac to run that on, and it is VERY limited in what it can do. It won't work with any current camera technology, unless you convert the footage before you bring it into FCP 4.5. The only HD formats it supports are DVCPRO HD and Uncompressed HD...but uncompressed HD requires very fast drives, so you are really limited to DVCPRO HD.

IMHO...it isn't worth it. This is VERY old editing software, and you'd be jumping through all sorts of hoops to get it to work right. Go with something more current.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]