FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 or 7 on a new Macbook Pro (August 2013)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris long
FCP 6 or 7 on a new Macbook Pro (August 2013)
on Aug 11, 2013 at 6:39:54 pm

Hi, I'm thinking of buy a new Macbook Pro and wondered if FCP 6 or 7 can run on it in terms of the OS. I may buy a copy of Final Cut Studio 2, which has FCP 6 as part of the package, but also wondered if I'll be able to update v6 to v7 via Apple's or anyone else's website?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 6 or 7 on a new Macbook Pro (August 2013)
on Aug 12, 2013 at 6:54:11 am

[chris long] "Hi, I'm thinking of buy a new Macbook Pro and wondered if FCP 6 or 7 can run on it in terms of the OS."

In terms of the OS, you can't install FCP 6 (6 year old software) without workarounds involving the Terminal or installing software from a previous OS. At this point, there is no reason to invest in such old software. It's really really old.

[chris long] " also wondered if I'll be able to update v6 to v7 via Apple's or anyone else's website?"

Nope. FCP 7 is end of life...EOL...been discontinued for over 2 years now. Apple isn't selling it...best place to buy it is on Craigslist or EBAY. But again, that's 4 year old software. If you are going to invest, best to get current software. Either FCX, or Adobe Creative Cloud.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]