FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 'Out of memory' error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rose Hugill
Final Cut Pro 'Out of memory' error
on Aug 8, 2013 at 8:09:25 am

Hi guys,

Sometimes when I go to export a sequence I get an 'out of memory' error. Mostly I just try and delete something from the project that I'm not using (does this make sense?) or I close Final Cut Pro and reopen it. This mostly fixes the problem. The other day however (of course with a deadline looming) whatever I seemed to do I kept getting this error. Does someone know a troubleshooting method to fix this error? (I read somewhere that trashing preferences could help, but I'd rather not do that if I can help it)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 'Out of memory' error
on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:18:38 pm

Do you have any still pictures in the project? Are they over 4000 pixels on any side? I get that error when those are in the sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rose Hugill
on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:27:22 am

Hi Shane,
Thanks for your reply. I don't tend to put in pics larger than that as I know they can cause problems.... I mostly get the error when my project is getting bigger, more sequences etc. but surely this shouldn't be causing the problem as whole films are edited in Final Cut right?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 9, 2013 at 5:47:47 pm

How big are the projects? Try to keep them under 50MB if you can. The trick I use is to, instead of duplicating my sequences when I make changes, I duplicate the project file.

Reality TV shows, hour long dramas, feature films, feature docs, TV docs...all edited on FCP. But there are tricks to keep things working smoothly, and that is one of them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rose Hugill
on Aug 10, 2013 at 11:05:48 am

Thanks Shane,
I hadn't thought of saving a new version of the project before to keep file size down, that's very helpful. Are there any other troubleshooting or even general FCP maintenance that I should be regularly doing to keep things 'running smoothly' as you say?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]