FORUMS: list search recent posts

Silly question about multi-screen background

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paolo drusi
Silly question about multi-screen background
on Jul 30, 2013 at 10:41:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been asked by a friend to produce some visuals for a live concert for his band. I know very little about the technicalities as I haven't met the owner of the venue yet. The little information I have are that there'll be a multi screen in the background where the video will be shown. As far as I know it's a background made of several screens, I imagine they should be either TVs or monitors.

My question is: can someone give me some suggestions or at least send me in the right direction to find out how to work with this multi screen? I'm referring at ideal resolution, colours, if it's easy to use each screen independently etc.

Usually I work with a Canon HD videocamera, EOS550D, FinalCut.

Thanks a lot

Paolo
newtreedesign.co.uk

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Silly question about multi-screen background
on Jul 31, 2013 at 2:46:25 pm

The low-end and simple method as I understand it is to build the whole video in aftereffects as one project, at the resolution required to fill all three screens. Then you buy a special video card that takes the single feed of that project and splits it out to 2 or 3 outputs, be they projectors or LED screens or plasmas or whatever.

I'm trying to remember the exact name of the gizmo, I think it's the "Triple Head to Go" but if you can't wait, ask this question in the COW's Live and Stage forum, where they do this sort of thing every day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]