FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X and FCP 7 in one iMac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alen Vijay
FCP X and FCP 7 in one iMac?
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:20:45 pm

i have FCP X. it wrks great. i love the titles, themes, transitions and other stuffs. but also i figrd out tht the news channel am gonna wrk in, uses fcp 7. i jus wanna kno if both versions runs on the same iMac without any partition... just FCP X AND FCP 7 IN MY DOCK! help pls!!!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCP X and FCP 7 in one iMac?
on Jul 26, 2013 at 4:21:14 pm

I can tell you, I use the iMac model just previous to the latest, super-thin one, and it has no problems running both, (which is why I got it) but when you inevitably have to upgrade your OS to Mavericks, some time down the line, to be able to do something with FCPx or a new app, all bets will then be off regarding the legacy FCP 7/ FCS 3.

There is just no knowing how long until Apple's OS progress "beaks" the old apps and Quicktime as they keep moving forward.

I hear the newest iMac right now is still working with FCP7 under Mountain Lion OS, so if you hook this up and it works, immediately make a clean image of the drive as a backup, and try not to upgrade or change anything, and it should remain stable and useful for some time yet. This is what I'm doing at home and work.

Meanwhile, you might want to start studying Adobe Premiere in your spare time, as a hedge against the inevitable.

P.S. please use all the keys and letters when typing here, us old folk have enough trouble reading small type as it is:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]