FORUMS: list search recent posts

THM Files and Canon e1 plug in.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Andrews
THM Files and Canon e1 plug in.
on Jul 22, 2013 at 5:57:23 am

I have a T3I and when I shoot video with it it does not create a thm file.Ive also read that other EOS DSLRS like the 5d mark 2,7d,60d, etc have thm. files. Not exactly sure the T3i is supposed to have the thm. files but ive been reading that to do log and transfer with FCP7 plug in you need the THM file otherwise it says the file structure is unstable. And I have went into the plist. file and added T3i correctly into the plug in. Atleast im pretty sure I did it correctly lol. Would like to know if anyone else is having this issue and love you to let me know how much of a newbie I sound like.

Thank You.

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: THM Files and Canon e1 plug in.
on Jul 22, 2013 at 3:46:48 pm

Try 5DtoRGB free on the App store. There is a Paid Batch version as well. The free version only allows one clip at a time. I use it with a 5D Mark iii. I've never had good results with FCP7 L&T and Canon footage. Too many glitches.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: THM Files and Canon e1 plug in.
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:05:24 am

The L&T plugin doesn't work with the T3i. We had to hack it to get it to work with the T2i (which does producer THM files, BTW). The back does not work with the T3i...many have reported trying and it not working.

5DtoRGB is a good option, as Warren mentioned. There's also Compressor and MPEG STREAMCLIP. They are faster, and free. But 5DtoRGB does a superior job of converting....and takes longer, because it does a better job.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]