FORUMS: list search recent posts

looping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
looping
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:43:16 pm

I am making a looping DVD. It loops but hesitates before starting again. I would like, if possible, to loop with any hesitation, seamless. Maybe I am missing something....Best Sz

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: looping
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:24:25 pm

Sorry, all DVDs that loop will hesitate. You even see this in professional quality Hollywood movie DVDs. Dual layer disks will pause for a moment (you'll see a scene freeze for like 1 second) as the playhead zips from one end of the disk to the next. There is no way to avoid this.

The best thing you can do is fade to black at the end, and have the start fade in. Have the loop happen in that black, and it won't be noticeable.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:34:03 pm

Shane,

Thank you for your response. I always think it's me, what am I missing? I appreciate the recommendation on softening the restart with fades.

Best
Sz

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:44:23 pm

You are missing the fact that this happens to everyone. Again, the DVD player...the laser that reads the disc...has to move from one end of the DVD (inner layer) back out to the outer layer to begin playback over. This does take a fraction of a second to do, so there will be a slight pause as it reaches the end, zips back to the beginning, and re-engages with the DVD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Jul 21, 2013 at 10:15:48 pm

The best idea ismto copy your sequence insert it after the first sequence on the timeline. Kep doing this until you build a 90 minute timeline. Then when you build your looping DVD it will only glitch once every 90 minutes.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jul 22, 2013 at 12:23:31 am

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
Best Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]