FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there no way to organize events in folders?...or something?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Morris
Is there no way to organize events in folders?...or something?
on Jul 11, 2013 at 3:14:00 pm

I have several different "categories" of events for the videos I make: My wife's real estate promos, my teaching videos, mini-documentaries etc. I'd like to group the events for each in some way. The only way I've found so far is to have individual external HDs for different major areas of work: not always practical. And then there's some subcategories I'd like to make. At the moment I have an ever expanding pick 'n mix of events totally unrelated in content. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Terence Morris
Re: Is there no way to organize events in folders?...or something?
on Jul 12, 2013 at 3:29:30 pm

It does appear there is no easy answer to this, having read around further, and given the null response. Metadata is a great idea, but in this implementation the underlying assumption is that all my footage is equivalent and potentially usable in any project. Yes, it is, but I still want a draw for underwear, another for socks...

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:30:03 pm

Have you looked into the sparse disk images workflow? I'm not using them, but I think you could achieve something at least similar to what you want.

A search for "FCPX Sparse disk image" should turn up all kinds of results.

Return to posts index

Terence Morris
on Jul 14, 2013 at 8:22:02 pm

Hi David: I finally got around to looking into the sparse disk images workflow. Wow! - I think you've nailed it for me. It's an excellent idea that I plant to implement. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

-Terence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]