FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Export 3 Days

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Black
FCP Export 3 Days
on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:54:09 pm

We're doing a 3.5 hour doc with hundreds of shots. We just got finished with coloring all of them thru NewBlueFX Color Fixer Plus, which changed all the rendered shots to un-rendered (because of adding the color). The timeline is ProRes422 HQ

When exporting to regular Quicktime, it says the export will take about 4 days. Any ideas on how to speed up this process?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Export 3 Days
on Jun 10, 2013 at 9:27:43 pm

Render first, then export. But you did use a rather render intensive plugin. And 3.5 hours of it...it might take a while. I applied a plugin called NEAT Noise Reduction. And only to about 30 min of a 51 min doc. Render time was 15 hours.

Speed it up? Faster processors are key....More RAM might help a little. If it is a plugin that utilizes GPU, a better graphics card might help a lot too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Jun 10, 2013 at 9:56:41 pm

To reiterate what Shane mentioned.

I've had many a render take days to process. I use Colorista by Magic Bullet and it is very render intensive.

For 3.5 hours, ALL Color Corrected, yup, sounds about right...especially on aging Apple hardware.

Unfortunately I have yet to find a plug-in that can really take advantage of the GPU, so the speed of the processors are the key for the render times.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jun 11, 2013 at 4:06:15 pm

You might test rendering in 8-bit which should speed things up. You might also test with GPU Acceleration in the plugin both on and off to see if one is faster than the other.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]