FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL to NTSC in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raghu Ashrith Seeram
PAL to NTSC in FCP
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:53:45 pm

Hi, We are a wedding photography n video firm in India. Our latest client resides in the US and wants us to give her DVDs n BluRays that work there.

We do all our editing in FCP 7. All our footage was shot in PAL 50i, now I know that any video in PAL might have an issue playing there. Our editor is of the impression that he can just ignore the File System change and go ahead with editing the video in the NTFS project settings in FCP. Will This work???

I was thinking of using Compressor on the footage, but what about the frame rate change? Will it be able to compensate for it?

If there is any Right way of doing this PLEASE PLEASE do let me know.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: PAL to NTSC in FCP
on Jun 5, 2013 at 10:21:41 pm

Standards COnverter...from nattress.com.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: PAL to NTSC in FCP
on Jun 5, 2013 at 11:41:15 pm

You can not just switch the sequence to NTSC and edit your PAL footage into it. You will get all kinds of motion artifacts and problems with the pictures.
Shane's suggestion is a good one and a cheap one too. I would edit the whole sequence in PAL as normal. Once done export a QT movie of the whole film. Reimport and then apply the standards conversion to that one long clip. It will take a long render but its the cheapest easiest way without using a hardware standards convertor which would give the best result but cost a lot more.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]