FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic colour correction / grading workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Sea
Basic colour correction / grading workflow
on May 24, 2013 at 1:19:48 pm

Hey guys

Ive watched countless tutorials but i still feel a bit lost. Basically, where should i start with color correction? Do i go through all the clips, sorting out the white balance etc? What do i do first is what im asking i guess!

Cause at the moment ive gone through all the clips in this music video im doing, ive duplicated all of them on top of each other & am using the Screen composite mode, cause it seemed to help! Then i have a 3-way colour corrector on both the top & bottom clips. Ive played around with the colour wheels loads, doing some quite harsh corrections on many of the clips to try & make it look cool. But its got to the point where i just feel lost in a sea of parameters & colour & i cant get anything to match properly from clip to clip.

So yeah, what should i do first when colour correcting, & what is the usual process from intial colour correction through to grading?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Basic colour correction / grading workflow
on May 24, 2013 at 9:20:44 pm

When I color correct I use the 3-way color corrector. If I have more time/budget I go into a Color Grading application like Color or DaVinci. They are amazing! To get an idea check out this reel I did: Color Grading Example

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]