FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mies Heerma
Merging clips
on Apr 25, 2013 at 7:29:52 pm

I am using FCP 7 on a Mac Book Air ( Mac OS X 10.7.5 ) have been trying to merge clips. I can't seem to make it work. I can't select Merge as its not highlighted.
Does anyone know how I can make this work ?

I am wondering if it has to do with how I installed FCP as my MacBook Air only has limited space I only selected FCP and not the other programs like Motion and Soundtrack pro as there was not enough space on my computers HD.

If anyone has tips that would be very helpful !

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Merging clips
on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:30:21 am

Hi

Merge clips is usually pretty straightforward. Obviously you use it to merge separate audio and video files into a single clip. You simply highlight the audio and video clip that you wish to merge. The merge clips menu should then be active and you can use various methods to sync the clips.
Either in or out points or timecode can be used.

It does not create new media so you should not ned any extra drive space. However it is best not to store media on your internal drive. You should use a fast external drive for this. I cant remember the options on a macbook air. Probably Thunderbolt is the best option if you have it. USB is not quick enough for media and it will likely give very stuttery playback.

Hope that helps

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]